Our dedicated team of professional staff are committed to providing patients with the highest standards of care. Throughout our patients’ stay, from pre-admission to discharge, each patient will be treated with the utmost respect and dignity.
Pre-admission is an important part of your hospital care. To ensure we can confirm your admission, financial and other arrangements, we ask that you:
If you have private health cover, please contact your health fund prior to ensure that your level of cover adequately covers the cost of your procedure and check for any excess or waiting periods. We know that health and billing charges can be difficult to understand and we are happy to assist in any way we can, however we also advise that you seek clarification from your doctor and health fund.
If your account is subject to Work Cover or a Third Party claim, forward full details of the claim including a letter from your insurance company accepting liability for this admission to our pre-admission office.
Nursing Pre-admission Information
You may be contacted by telephone prior to your day of admission by our Pre-admission Nurse. If you are contacted:
- Your medical history will be reviewed with you and admission and discharge details discussed.
- Please take this opportunity to discuss any concerns regarding your admission
Your doctor will notify the hospital of the date of your procedure / operation and inform you of your day of admission. Your doctor will also explain your procedure or operation and complete the consent form with you.
Pre admission Clinic
If you are having a major surgical procedure you may be asked to attend a preadmission clinic at the hospital so the nurse specialist can speak with you about your hospital stay, your operation, previous surgical and medical history, what to bring to hospital, as well as allay any concerns you may have.
It is a very valuable service in respect to your entire stay in hospital.
Discharge planning will also be addressed at this clinic (eg who will care for you at home on discharge, who will take you home etc). You are welcome to bring a relative or friend to this clinic.
DAY PRIOR TO ADMISSION
The day prior to admission please call (02) 6361 6784 or alternatively (02) 6362 8122 between 11:30am to 1pm to obtain your admission and fasting details. If being admitted on Monday, please call Friday between 11:30am to 1pm.
DAY OF ADMISSION INFORMATION
On the day of admission
Please check in with Front Reception located in the main foyer at the time advised for admission and you will be directed to your admission area.
Please bring with you into hospital anything applicable to your admission including:
- doctor’s admission letter
- health fund number / details (if applicable)
- medicare card
- pension health benefits card, Veteran’s Affairs card (if applicable)
- regular medications in their original packaging and medication list obtainable from your General Practitioner or Pharmacy
- pharmaceutical benefits card (if applicable)
- relevant x-rays and / or test results
- for a child - favourite toy, formula, bottle and any special dietary needs (if applicable)
- night attire
- personal articles i.e. sanitary pads (if applicable)
- method for settling your account
- please do not bring valuables
DO NOT (unless your doctor gives you special instructions):
- Eat or drink as per instructions provided on day prior to admission
- Smoke cigarettes or chew gum
- Wear jewellery. A wedding ring and watch are permitted
- Bring valuables ie. mobile phone and large amounts of cash
- Wear make-up or nail polish
- Please shower on the day of admission before coming to Hospital and put on clean clothes
- Wear garments that are comfortable and easy to remove
- Day procedure patients please check with your nurse before informing relatives / friends regarding the time that you should be picked up
Download preadmission documents